Outstanding Members Awards
All members are eligible to receive either of two awards for service during the year. We expect many members to receive awards. The presentations are made early in July, after the end of the year. Points are awarded as outlined in the table below. You can check your progress in the current year. Go to the Toastmasters VQ website, select the Program Menu and the top choice in that - Club Awards. You can work towards the award of either:
- Outstanding Member - see the requirements below
- High Achieving Member - see the requirements below
Outstanding Member - at least 80 points, including at least one award registered for the Club, and at least 6 speeches delivered at the club and outside
High Achieving Member - at least 60 points, including at least one award registered for the club and at least 4 speeches delivered at the club and outside.
Many members will achieve the award. On average, members are likely to get about 6-8 speaking opportunities at club meetings during the year. There is a deliberate premium put on regular attendance and prolific speech deliveries.
Records are kept as follows:
- David Nicholas maintains his regular updating of the Program records on the website, which shows attendance and roles for all Club meetings. Go to the Toastmasters VQ website and look at the Program link.
- Members need to provide records of outside activities to David.
- David maintains a webpage where you can view how you are going for the current year. Go to the Toastmasters VQ website, select the Program Menu and the top choice in that - Club Awards.
|Attendance at Meetings||1 pt per meeting||48|
|Speeches||1 pt each up to 10 speeches||10|
|Workshops||2 pts each for 2 Workshops||4|
|Awards DCP||10 Pts each for CC, AC, AL, DTM up to 2 awards||20|
|Awards Pathways||5 pts each for each award up to 4 awards||20|
|Club Officer||6 pts per six month term||12|
|COT attended||3 pts per COT attended||6|
|District Officer||6 pts per six month term||12|
|Sponsor new members||5 pts each up to 2 new members||10|
|Speechcraft help||1 pt each up to 5 roles||5|
|Interclub||1 pt each up to 2 speeches||2|
|Speechcraft Coordinator||6 pts each for 2 Speechcraft projects||12|
|Mentor role||2 pts each up to 2 mentees||4|