Two contests this month
During the year there are four Toastmaster Contests
There are four levels of Contests
Clubs – Areas – Divisions – District.
Victoria Quay is in Area W21 of Western Division so our Contest sequence will be
Victoria Quay – Table Topics on August 18 and Humorous on August 25
Area W21 – Table Topics and Humorous on October 20 at the Fremantle Bowling Club
Western Division – Table Topics and Humorous on Saturday November 6
District 73 – Table Topics on May 22 and Table Topics on May 20 – both in Perth
Why would you compete in the Club Contest?
It’s a different experience to our standard Table Topics
- The time is 2 minutes, not 90 seconds
- All contestants have the same topic
- It’s a contest so you are competing against other members
- If you win you go on to other contest levels
The Contest Format
We have our usual meeting and include the Contests.
- With the Table Topics there will be speeches and evaluations as well.
- With the Humorous there will be Table Topics and perhaps an ordinary speech or two
The Contest Judges are our members not competing
- We have a Judging Workshop at the beginning so all our members can get training in judging
- One experienced member is the Chief Judge who supervises the proceedings
How do you enter either or both Contests?
All members are eligible. There are no other requirements. Tell Vice President Education David. Email or phone him on 0401 011 212