Outstanding Members Awards
All members are eligible to receive either of two awards for service during the year. We expect many members to receive awards. The presentations will be made early in July, 2007. Points are awarded as outlined in the table below. You can check your progress in the current year at Club Awards
You can work towards the award of either:
- Outstanding Member – see the requirements below
- High Achieving Member – see the requirements below
|Attendance at Meetings||1 pt per meeting||
|Club Officer||6 pts per 6 month term||
|Awards||10 pts each for CTM, ATM, CL, AL, DTM up to 3 awards||
|Speeches||1 pt each up to 10||
|Coordinator||6 pts each for 2 Speechcraft or Success Leadership projects||
|Workshops||2 pts each for 3 Successful Club and Better Speaker Series||
|Outside speeches||1 pt each up to 10 speeches||
|Sponsor new members||5 pts each up to 5 new members||
|Mentor role||2 pts each up to 2 mentees||
|Inter Club visits||1 pt each up to 3 roles e.g. judging, Speechcraft courses||
Outstanding Member – at least 80 points, including at least one award registered for the Club, and at least 8 speeches delivered at the club or outside
High Achieving Member – at least 60 points, including at least one award registered for the club and at least 6 speeches delivered at the club or outside.
Many members will achieve the award. On average, members are likely to get about 6-8 speaking opportunities at club meetings during the year. There is a deliberate premium put on regular attendance and prolific speech deliveries.
Records will be kept as follows:
- David Nicholas will maintain his regular updating of the Program records on the website, which shows attendance and roles for all Club meetings. Go to the Toastmasters VQ website and look at the Program link.
- Members will need to provide records of outside activities to David.
- David will maintain a webpage where you can view how you are going for the year. Go to Awards 2006/07